The ability to communicate effectively is a vital component in anyone's toolbox. Our communication courses will help you understand what gets in the way of effective communication; some of the different types of information available; and how to find and use the right information.
Effective Business Communication
This excellent course will raise your game when it comes to business communication skills, which is often top of the list of qualities demanded by employers.
Communications in an Organisation
This e-learning course is different to most communication courses in that it focuses on the way that communications and information are managed within an organisation rather than personal communication techniques.
Effective Online Communication
Communication is a key, must-have skill in today's employment market. This short online course will help prove to employers that you're able to communicate confidently and effectively online to different audiences.
Communication Skills for IT Specialists
The Pitman Training Communication for IT Specialists course is designed to help you effectively engage with your audience specifically geared around IT related businesses.
This course considers key communication areas in depth to help you become more confident in the workplace as well as more effective.
why train with pitman training?
EFFECTIVE BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
In this course over six modules you'll begin by looking at the definition of effective business communication, the use of appropriate language and tone, how to plan your communication and the forms of written communication. You'll also cover face-to-face communication, how to communicate effectively by phone, presentation skills and listening skills. Finally, you'll look at online communication and how to effectively communicate online focussing on email, texts, online conferencing and more.
There are 6 lessons in this training course:
You will look at the definition of business communication and the different methods of communicating in business.
You'll focus on the appropriate use of tone and language in your communications.
Will look at planning your communication and the different forms of written business communications.
You will cover face-to-face and phone communications as well as focusing on listening skills, questioning skills, body language and personal networking.
This lesson focuses on presentation skills and will look at how to alleviate fears associated with delivering a presentation, preparing and structuring a presentation and more.
This is an e-learning module which focuses on online communication. You'll look at written online communications such as emails, webpages and blogs, then you'll look at spoken online communications which include video conferencing, online presentations and audio conferencing.
COMMUNICATIONS IN AN ORGANISATION
This course is most suitable for those who're looking to work for a business in a pivotal role where liaison with other members of staff and team members is essential.
Key benefits of this course: -
• Improved performance for anyone looking to make more of their time
• Flexible, self-paced learning via the internet
• Learn where and when you want
• Hints and tips to help solve real work problems
• Includes a 'Progress file' so you can record your learning activities and progress
• The opportunity to gain a prestigious Pitman Training Certificate
What You'll Study
- Communication Barriers.
- Management Research.
- Sources of Information.
- Understanding Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
- Communication Systems and Processes.
- Workplace Communication Structures.
- Culture in the Workplace.
- Adapting to Improve Your Workplace Communication.
- Career and work-focused learning.
- Specially designed learning activities help you put into practice the new habits and skills you have gained. They reinforce your learning and create a memorable course-style.
- Interactive 'Quick Quizzes' give you the chance to test your new-found knowledge.
- Learning bookmarks built into the system, so you can easily start again where you left off.
- Automatic progress tracking helps you see your progress, building up your motivation.
EFFECTIVE ONLINE COMMUNICATION
We're spending an ever increasing amount of time online so there has never been a more important time to ensure that how you communicate whilst online is both appropriate and effective.
This course is designed to teach you how to communicate professionally and effectively online on various platforms.
There are 4 modules in this course:
Covers the definition of online communication, connecting to the internet, real-time and delayed communication, types of online audience, the internet and the law.
You'll look at email structure, language and tone, web pages, texting, social media, wikis and instant messaging.
Covers video conferencing features, preparation and good practice, video presentation features, structure, audience and software, audio conferencing features, preparation, software and good practice.
You'll go through a summary, communication forms, audiences and finally writing and speaking online.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR IT SPECIALISTS
The world of IT can be confusing if you don't speak the language, so our Communication Skills for IT Specialists course is designed to help you effectively engage with all types of audiences.
To be a great communicator you need to be able to first of all understand the theory behind good communication and the positive results it brings. You'll learn great negotiation and listening skills, together with assertiveness training and how to manage resistance and conflicts.
What's more, to truly add value, you'll learn how to harness your creativity, create impactful presentations and discover the secret behind selling your ideas with passion.
There are three sessions within this course:
Importance of Communication Skills, Foundations of Effectiveness, Communications Theory, Assertiveness, Listening Skills, Effective Listening Techniques, Personality Types, Conflict Resolution.
Negotiation Skills, Negotiation Tips and Techniques, Translating Your Knowledge, Accountability and Trust, Building Rapport, Repairing Damaged Relationships, Effective Written Communications, Types of Writing.
Preparing the Presentation, Delivering the Presentation, Creative Communications Management, Creativity Techniques, Value-Added IT, Value Quantifier, What Managers Buy, Selling Solutions, Developing Communication Channels.
One of several communication courses offered by Pitman Training, this course tackles a core skill that's often in demand - particularly if you're looking for promotion, additional responsibility or to broaden your opportunities.
Moving you on from basic communication skills, this course considers key communication areas in depth to help you become more confident in the workplace as well as more effective.
The course is highly practical in nature - it is packed with hints and tips to solve real-life work problems including quizzes to help reinforce your learning as you go.
Here's what you'll study during this course
- An introduction to Interpersonal Communication
- Written Communication
- Active Listening
- Questioning Skills
- Types of Meetings
- Leading Effective Meetings
- How to Deliver Effective Presentations
- Using Visual Aids
- Presentation Skills
- Career and work-focused learning
- Specially designed learning activities help you put into practice the new habits and skills you have gained. They reinforce your learning and create a memorable course-style
- Interactive 'Quick Quizzes' give you the chance to test your new-found knowledge
- Learning bookmarks built into the system, so you can easily start again where you left off
- Automatic progress tracking helps you see your progress, building up your motivation