This flexible study course looks at Microsoft Word 2016, the latest version of this powerful word processing software. The course will help those new to Word learn essential features and functions to be able to confidently work within the program. If you’re already familiar with Word and want to brush up on certain aspects of this latest 2016 version of the program, you can pick and choose particular modules that you would rather focus on.
This course is ideal for you if you work in, or aspire to work within an office environment and want to brush up on your word processing skills. No matter the role, the skills gained from this course are invaluable in an office setting.
Beginners and regular users of Microsoft Word 2016 can participate in this course. We do recommend that you’re relatively familiar with Windows and have experience in using keyboards. However, this is not necessary. Beginners would benefit from doing the whole course, while experienced users can pick and choose the modules they would like to brush up on.
Awarded 24 CPD points upon successful completion
For further information and pricing please fill in your details below and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Or, call the team on 042 - 3511 4271 or call 0331 9878611.
Develop your ability to navigate Microsoft Word, or begin from scratch and learn about all of its features and the overall purpose of this word processing software.
This course is a stimulating, original and a thorough way of gaining the skills you need to be knowledgeable in the latest version of Microsoft Word. The flexible nature of this course allows you to study with ease and at your own pace or from home, addressing a variety of people’s needs regarding study time and the way in which you learn.
Whether you’re a beginner or are an intermediate user of Microsoft Word, this course will help you navigate your way round the programme with ease.
The unique arrangement of the training course means that, for those already familiar with Microsoft Word, there is the option to pick and choose individual modules, rather than the full course. This approach offers flexibility not only to individual learners, but also allows businesses who have a particular learning objective or more bespoke requirements to gain access to our professional, CPD accredited training.
There are 24 modules in total in this course.
• Introduction Module: Welcome and course information
• Module 1: Starting Word
• Module 2: Opening and Printing, Customising the Quick Access Toolbar, Ribbon Display Options and Using Templates
• Module 3: Different Views and Formatting and Aligning Text
• Module 4: Formatting
• Module 5: Spelling & Grammar Check and the Thesaurus & Translation Tools
• Module 6: Using the Ruler, Changing Margins, Line & Paragraph Spacing, Multiple Windows and Undo/Redo
• Module 7: AutoCorrect and Building Blocks
• Module 8: Tabulation, Saving a Document with a Different Name, Creating a New Folder and Saving in Different Formats
• Module 9: Cut, Copy, Paste and Format Painter
• Module 10: Search and Find & Replace
• Module 11: Indentation
• Module 12: Bullets, Numbering and Multilevel Numbering
• Module 13: Navigating Multi-Page Documents, Viewing Page Breaks, Managing Text Flow and Page Orientation
• Module 14: Page Numbers, Headers & Footers and Print Options
• Module 15: Create & Format Tables
• Module 16: Modify a Table
• Module 17: WordArt & Text Boxes
• Module 18: Inserting Shapes & Pictures
• Module 19: Drawing a Table, Inserting a Symbol, Page Colour, Columns, Watermark and Hyperlinks
• Module 20: Styles and Themes
• Module 21: Templates and PDF Documents
• Module 22: Table of Contents, Bookmarks and Cover Pages
• Module 23: Footnotes, Endnotes, Captions, Citations and Bibliographies
• Module 24: SmartArt Graphics, Insert a Screen Clipping and Tell Me What You Want To Do
The course should take around 24 hours to complete, with every module taking around 30-45 minutes. At the end of each module, you’ll complete a consolidation exercise which will help you to summarise what you have learned and appraise your understanding.
If you study the full course you’ll take an end of course validation test which, on successful completion, means you will receive a Pitman Training certificate to verify your achievement.
To discuss this training and how it can be adapted to your individual or business needs, speak to a Course Advisor in your nearest centre or enquire online and we’ll get back to you.
The aim of this course is to provide you with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word 2016. By the end of the full course you will be able to competently navigate and utilise the programs functions.
We would recommend those new to Microsoft Word have some familiarity with the Windows environment and basic keyboarding experience.
Choosing to do Microsoft Word 2016 will give you the skills to pursue a variety of careers. From the office, to the classroom, to the warehouse and factories, Microsoft Word 2016 will be valuable in practically any workplace. Employers look at this qualification with high regard; they will know that you’re serious about working and it will highlight to them that that you’re more than capable in working on a computer and word processors.